Shimadzu's LCMS-8060 Triple Quadrupole LC-MS/MS main features are:
- Sensitivity: By redefining the ion focusing capability on the UF-Qarray, the LCMS-8060 brings a meaningful impact to quantitative detection and opens new opportunities for scientists to deliver solutions that make a true difference. The newly developed UF-Qarray ion guide is a groundbreaking technology that increases LC/MS/MS sensitivity by enhancing ion signal intensity and reducing noise. By improving the ion sampling device, the ion guide, and the vacuum efficiency, the LCMS-8060 delivers a new vision of sensitivity and makes a real difference to working better and faster.
- Speed: Inspired by the need to balance advanced high speed MS/MS detection technologies with unrivalled LC performance, we were the first mass spectrometry company in the world to deliver a scan speed of 15,000 u/sec and a polarity switching speed of 15 msec. In the LCMS-8060 the scan speed is now increased to 30,000 u/sec and a polarity switching speed of 5 msec making a real difference to working better and faster.
Fast polarity switching
The LCMS-8060 uses UF Technologies to switch polarity in 5 msec.
Fast cycle time helps to detect more compounds with greater confidence and precision.
Faster polarity switching time maximizes dwell times and helps to optimize the cycle time of LC/MS/MS methods.
- Solutions: High-sensitivity quantitation of intact catecholamines (CAs) in human plasma.
In clinical research, plasma catecholamines and their O-methylated metabolites (metanephrines) are measured as biomarkers for diseases such as hypertension, pheochromocytoma or neuroblastoma.
It is a challenging assay as the low physiological levels of CAs, physicochemical properties, and potential interferences require high sensitivity and specificity.
We developed a SPE-LC/MS/MS assay by using LCMS-8060 to detect catecholamines at ultra-high sensitivity without matrix interferences. As the measurement cycle time was 12 mins including the column re-equilibration the LCMS-8060 assay opens new possibilities for multiplexed sample analysis and higher sample throughput.
- Stability: Long term stability study on LCMS-8060
The robustness of the LCMS-8060 and modified ion optics was also assessed by injecting 2400 samples of femto-gram levels of alprazolam spiked into protein-precipitated human plasma extracts over a 6 day period (over 400 samples were injected each day). The RSD of peak area response was 5% over this test period, using a deuterated internal standard (alprazolam-d5) the RSD was 3.5%. As part of the robustness test the vacuum system was vented to model a transient power failure with no effect on signal response or baseline noise level.
- Easy System Maintenance Reduces Downtime: As with Shimadzu’s other triple quad systems, maintaining the LCMS-8060 is simple. Replacing the desolvation line (DL) and ESI capillary is quick and easy. Additionally, the design allows users to replace the DL without breaking vacuum, providing greater uptime and usability.