Electronic Witnessing System
Matcher electronic witnessing system is a barcode-based witnessing, labelling, workflow scheduling and traceability system, specifically created for IVF clinics and donor banks to help prevent errors through misidentification of patients and their gametes and embryos.
Despite using verbal checks to ensure patient safety, healthcare staff can make mistakes and the Matcher system gives both staff and patients the peace of mind that there is an electronic system in place to mitigate the risk of human error, and assist with the burden of traceability and compliance.
Matcher provides complete electronic traceability, recording the ‘who, what, where and when’ at every step, including photographs of all procedures taking place during a cycle of treatment and with the new visual patient workflow scheduler, clinics have a real-time ‘traffic light’ overview of daily cycle tasks and patient cycle status.
Clinics using the Matcher electronic witnessing system work with confidence knowing they have protected their staff and patients from the risk of mistakes, that the technology is safe and that they have a system in place that helps streamline their working practices, saving time and money.
IMT Matcher features:
1. Error prevention – alerts to mistake right before an incorrect transfer of material occur.
2. Replaces all human double-checking – no second human confirmation required reducing staff hours and disruption.
3. Automatic traceability – matches, photographs and confirms the identity of the patient and unique item identifier on all labware, in each procedure.
4. Real-time workflow overview – generates instant ‘traffic light’ view of daily cycle tasks and patient cycle status.
5. Compliance – assists clinics to comply with competent authority requirements; validation and risk assessment support included; fits closely with clinics’ quality management accreditations.
6. Time saving – saves staff hours spent on traceability, witnessing and compliance.
7. Unbroken chain of custody – no gaps in the witnessing chain from registration through to cryo stores – no additional human verification required.